Corona del Mar CA Home Selling Market Forecast for 2015
245 Corona del Mar homes sold last year during 2014. $2,174,168 was the average sold price of CDM homes last year.
Corona del Mar had a 4.6 percent drop in number of homes sold in 2014 as compared with 2013 – when 257 were sold.
73 Corona del Mar homes are now listed for sale – with average asking price of $4,456,000.
11 sellers at Corona del Mar got buyers into purchase contracts during the past 30 days.
Because current asking prices that are high as compared with average solds at Corona del Mar, 7 months is the expected market time (that time it would theoretically take to sell all homes now on the market at the current rate of sale).
- 2015 will present good opportunities at Corona del Mar for serious home sellers and buyers.
- Home sellers at CDM who list their homes close to fair market value – priced at what others have sold in those neighborhoods for during the past 3 months – will sell homes successfully.
- Home sellers who list at more than $4 million will find fewer buyers and need to be patient.
- Some sellers who list at high prices outside of range of fair market value and will be challenged by buyers who are willing to pay perceived value.
- Buyer demand will remain subdued, similar to 2014.
- The Corona del Mar home selling market will follow a normal cycle. The strongest buyer demand coupled with a new inventory of homes for sale will occur during the Spring, followed by slightly less demand and a continued fresh supply of homes in the Summer, then another drop in supply and fewer new listings in the Autumn Market. Finally, the distractions of the Holiday market 2015 will present lowest demand of the year and few homeowners opting to sell.
- The number of successful, closed sales will be similar to that from last year 2014 levels. There will be an increase in the number of “move-up” sellers during 2015.
- There will be improved mortgage market competition this year from direct lenders who are not as regulated by the government.
- Even though mortgage rates have remained low for several years, that was the FED’s manipulation of the system. When the FED starts increasing the Federal Fund Rate, that will result in higher mortgage rates.
- 2015 will be a good year at Corona del Mar CA for home selling and buying.
By Harrison K. Long, Realtor, real estate broker, and professional real estate representative at Orange County CA. Source of some information is CRMLS multiple listing service and also ReportsOnHousing.com.
We provide professional REALTOR® agent representation and help for property owners, home sellers, private trust estate representatives, estate administrators, executors and heirs, probate and trust attorneys, estate planners, income tax professionals, public guardians, fiduciaries, investor group managers, bankers, and individuals, with listing and sale of properties at Orange County, CA. Contact us at 949-854-7747 with your questions about home prices and values at Orange County CA cities and areas with Home Selling and Real Estate market updates.